Seu carrinho está vazio
Adicione produtos mais rápdio clicando no ícone
- Autor(es): Elias I Traboulsi
Editora: Oxford University Press
This highly anticipated new edition brings together an expert group of authors to provide a comprehensive, systematic sourcebook on genetic diseases of the eye. This richly illustrated, full color text covers areas such as: malformations; refractive errors, the cornea, glaucoma and cataracts; retina and the optic nerve; eye movement disorders, and systemic disease of the eye. The new edition remains grounded in a sound clinical approach to the patient with a genetic disease that affects the eye.
Each chapter emphasizes the clinical aspects of disease, tying them to the underlying molecular mechanisms and outlining current therapy. While the molecular underpinnings, testing methods and therapy of genetic disorders continues to evolve, the clinical aspects are well established and are emphasized in this book. A large number of color figures are utilized to illustrate the various chapters and provide an essential Atlas aspect to this publication. This book is a must have for pediatric ophthalmologists, retina specialists, and geneticists.
New to this edition:
- Several chapters have been dedicated to individual disorders, especially the retinal dystrophies, whose molecular genetic basis has been elucidated in the last decade or so.
- A large chapter on genetic counseling has been added to the book that is case and family-based and provides a practical approach to counseling patients and families with inherited eye diseases.
- A new chapter on the genetics of age-related macular degeneration and on proteomics as applies to age-related macular degeneration adds a new dimension to this book.
- A new chapter on teratogens and ocular malformations by Kirstin Stromland, one of the world leaders in this field.
- A new section on cancer genetics and the eye
- New chapters on ocular imaging and gene therapy for inherited eye diseases.
Doctor Livros Comercial Ltda. Epp
Rua Jose Manuel da Fonseca Jr., 431 - Vila Matilde
São Paulo - SP - CEP 03511-000
INSC. EST. 144.101.443.117
- Excelência25 anos buscando qualidade no atendimento.
© 2018 Livresp. Todos os direitos reservados.